HOW TO LIVE YOUR STRONGEST LIFE TO INCREASE YOUR JOY & SUCCESS
HOLLYWOOD ADVENTIST CHURCH WORKSHOP // AUGUST 2, 2014, 2–5 PM
// Dr. Greg Nelson
// Speaker, Author, Strengths Coach, Pastor
WHAT IS STRENGTHS COACHING & WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
In Gallup’s research into human potential over the past 30 years—including interviews with more than 8 million people—the evidence is overwhelming: You will be eight times more successful & fulfilled in whatever you do by building your life around your greatest natural abilities (strengths) rather than your weaknesses. Your strengths should be your primary focus.
The problem is that most people don’t even know what their greatest strengths are, much less how to use them so they can be more fulfilled and effective in their lives.
According to Gallup’s latest study, over half of churchgoers say they don’t get to do what they do best in their congregations.
Fortunately, Gallup’s research led it to developing one of the most effective tools for discovering and utilizing a person’s top strengths: StrengthsFinder. When used in a congregation, this discovery has the potential to unlock a congregation’s most powerful resource: people and their God-given strengths.
- Unpacking God’s amazing gift to you: your individual strengths themes. What are your Top 5 strengths, what do they represent in your life, how are you already using them, how can you use them more for effectiveness and fulfillment?
- How does knowing and using your strengths apply to your relationships, spiritual life, work, and teams you be- long to?
- What difference does this all make?
- Identifying your congregation’s God- given strengths profile. Knowing the church’s strengths impacts mission: how does your church give and serve in the strongest way possible? What does a strength-based congregation look like? How can it be developed?
HOW YOU CAN GET READY FOR THE WORKSHOP
For you to get the most out of this experience, you need to take an online assessment called “StrengthsFinder” which, through a series of detailed questions, identifies your top five strength themes. Dr. Nelson will unpack your results in the workshop.
- Take the test directly online for $9.99 (Gallup’s fee). Here’s the link: tinyurl.com/hollywoodstrengths.
- If you would like some financial help for this, contact the church office.
- E-mail your strengths results to Greg (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than MONDAY, JULY 28 so he can compile a Strengths profile of the whole group.
- Even if you can’t attend the workshop, we’d love for you to take the assessment so you can be included in the group profile. Just knowing your top 5 strengths is a great value to you.